Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Visit to Nancy

I was lucky enough to win an eTwinning prize for a project I did with my partner Isabelle from Nancy in the Lorraine area of France. The project was called 'Toy Visit' - Hamish and Boule de Neige swapped places, visiting partner schools.

I set off from Prestwick Airport early on Wednesday morning to fly to Beauvais. From there I took the Navette into Paris and transferred to the Metro to cross the city. I even managed to ask for my ticket in French and was understood - (even with my 1971 O-Level!) I felt I could relax when I was safely on the TGV on my way to Nancy.

Isabelle & I visited two museums on Wednesday afternoon (that's us at the front centre of the picture) and then we went back to her house. On Thursday morning we set off bright and early to school where I met the pupils and staff. I was given gifts for my pupils and myself and lessons began. It was interesting to see how neatly the children wrote in French Script - and in ink! After a two hour lunch break, it was back to work, with some of the children finding symbols representing the partner countries - Scotland, France, Malta, Poland and our new partner, Cyprus. When the children left at 4.30pm, I started to show Isabelle how to use her SMARTBoard, which has been in her school for a little while, but never been used interactively.

By 7.00pm, heads were fuzzy and we went off to meet Anne, who teaches English. We had a lovely meal in a little restaurant before heading home. We spotted some toads on the road so there I was, standing in the middle of a French country road, taking photographs!

More about my experiences in my next post!

1 comment:

maitresse said...

un séjour formidable qui laissa de beaux souvenirs aux petits élèves de ma classe...
Isabelle HAMEAU